Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Favorite Goods.

Well we just got back from Los Angeles late last night {early this morning, really} and I know it'll take me a while to adjust. I have to say, I can't believe that was my first time visiting. What the heck was I waiting for? It was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time!

Before leaving, I was invited to do a little shopping at Beacon's Closet and pick out a few items from their Williamsburg location, which if you've been you'll know it's huge! So after a couple of hours and having my arms full and checking out every single rack in the store, I narrowed it down to a few easy pieces that would work well in my wardrobe. I ended up bringing an outfit with me to LA to wear at the gallery on Saturday night.


DSC_1001

DSC_0993

DSC_1003

DSC_1011
details: vintage cardigan c/o Beacon's Closet
BB Dakota blouse c/o Beacon's Closet
vintage sweater clip via thrift store
vintage skirt c/o Beacon's Closet
socks via Hue
boots c/o Seychelles

DSC_1016

DSC_0995-2

DSC_1000-2

We stayed at the gallery for most of the night, chatting with some really nice people about the differences between LA and NY {so many}. We then walked to Little Tokyo, checked out some shops that were open late night and ate some delicious vegan food at Shojin. The food was delicious and the service was nothing short of excellent. I highly recommend this place if ever you're in the neighborhood! 

Ok, I have one more post from LA to go! Hope you don't mind the overload but we had such a great time. I think we both just really needed a vacation right about no so it was perfect timing that Soner had this show. Now it's all about unpacking and getting back into some sort of routine. 


17 comments:

  1. Your outfit is great! Sounds like a pretty great trip. Traveling can be so fun. Meeting new people & eating in new places is always the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, especially the sweater clip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore this outfit; cutest shirt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Yes the clip is amazing. Also you've inspired me to wear longer skirts that aren't down to my ankles. I want to try this length but always am reluctant because I'm 5'2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually just barely 5'3" and have been wanting to try this length of skirt for ages. I found these two just recently and think that with the proper shoes/ top ratio, we shorties can pullet off!

      Delete
  5. dang, i can't find that blouse on their website, but i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be from their last fall season perhaps? It's such a cute blouse, maybe try amazon?

      Delete
  6. Beautiful lady! Glad you had a great vacation. I'm aching to visit LA

    www.looselips-sinkships.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LA is absolutely beautiful. Didn't think i'd like it so much but I'm already aching to go back!

      Delete
  7. it looks like you had a wonderful vacation.
    when I saw your outfit the first thing that popped into my head was "snow white" she looks like Snow White :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is GORGEOUS and perfect with your sock/boot combo, and with your blouse! Amazing pieces....such style! I love it Mel :) and congrats to Soner being in the gallery! So glad you had a lovely time in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home. I am super jealous, and have been giving you the jealousy stink eye this whole post. It's best that you can't see me.

    Stink eye aside, I dig the multiple pleats. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gwah I always see skirts like that at the thirft store and want them but am always unsure how to style them. Of course you do! I love that little chain thingy on your cardi too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't you short? It blows my mind how you manage to look good in a midi skirt and boots. I'm 5'3" and I would look like a stump in those clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, 5'3" over here. They're not easy to style but I'm convinced to try them while their hot! haha. I think it just depends on your shoes.

      Delete